Friday, September 27, 2013

HMS Inflexible

This 1876 model of the Victorian ironclad battleship was created by Mr.Dennis Kaye from Calgary. Its now on display at the Naval Museum in Victoria, B.C. He gave me a chance to take some shots of this amazing model at his basement workshop just before it got shipped to B.C.  Inflexible had the largest guns and thickest armour of any ship in the navy, but still carried masts and sails and had slow, muzzle-loading guns. Do you see an Imperial German Navy flag at the back of this British Royal Navy vessel !! 

HMS Inflexible that was part of the Mediterranean fleet in 1882





No comments:

Post a Comment

Madhu Madhavan Photography

My photo
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
I have a passion to shoot still life and portraits. I took up digital photography few years ago and have come to realize that this hobby, that I chose as a means to escape the drudgery of the day is probably one that brings out the best in me. A tiny sliver of time caught for eternity, and worthy of notice, is what I work towards with every image I take. There is no challenge that is too big for me and no job too small. If you like the images I post here then please feel free to comment. All constructive criticism are welcomed.