Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hobby Shop

 Last year I was given the opportunity to take pictures of warplane models at Invader Hobbies in NE Calgary. This store is run by modellers, for modellers. Their operators have 20+ years experience passionately building models. Be it an INAir E-Z boxed build kits or a model of CF-18 Tiger or USAF Thunderbird, its all in there. The shop is owned by Scott McTavish. They have now branched out to create modern armor and Sci-fi subjects as well. Below are some of the models that were showcased in the 17th Annual Western Canadian Regional Model Contest 2012 held in Edmonton.











Scott McTavish and Derwin Emro

Paul Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Madhu Madhavan Photography

My photo
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
I have a passion to shoot still life and portraits. I took up digital photography few years ago and have come to realize that this hobby, that I chose as a means to escape the drudgery of the day is probably one that brings out the best in me. A tiny sliver of time caught for eternity, and worthy of notice, is what I work towards with every image I take. There is no challenge that is too big for me and no job too small. If you like the images I post here then please feel free to comment. All constructive criticism are welcomed.